Wednesday 7 January 2015

Another Day At The Office by James DeSantis - short story




Another Day At The Office
by James DeSantis


"Stuart has a beautiful home, a wonderful wife, and a decent paying job. So why, on his day off, is he at the office seeking out his co-workers for questioning? You can't be the best customer service representative without being able to "fix" the problems, right?

James DeSantis brings another horror-thriller to the table with his brand new short story "Another Day At The Office". He continues to spread throughout different genres to give all readers something interesting to read through next."



****************************************


A very short story (16 pages) that started off fairly normally but quickly turned into something quite different. Unfortunately, because it is so short, I can’t go into much detail because I don’t want to give away any spoilers but it was well written at good pace. There wasn’t much time to feel much for the characters but I definitely got a sense of where the main character, Stuart, was coming from even though I don’t agree with his methods.

I was a little confused about the nightmare part but I liked the way it linked with another of the author’s books - Killing Your Boss - which I enjoyed and reviewed on my blog - http://haziegaze.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/short-story-review-killing-your-boss-by.html. For me, I don’t think this is in the same league as Killing Your Boss but that was a longer story.

Overall, not a bad short read but maybe it’s a bit too short to really grab you.

Thank you to the author, James, for sending me a copy in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment