Saturday 10 January 2015

My Little Rabbit by James DeSantis



My Little Rabbit
by James DeSantis


"That sound. It wants me. It needs me. I can hear it getting closer now. Why is it chasing me? If it catches me it'll murder me. I can't stop running. I have to escape. I have to survive."

************************************************************

I was sent a copy of this short story by the author in return for an honest review and I want to thank him for this.

Short stories, I think, are usually difficult to get into as no sooner have you started them, you are finishing but this one was different. I can't say an awful lot without giving too much away but I think James really excelled here in capturing the fear being experienced by the main character, Jenna, and how successful he was in providing one explanation of how the mind tries to deal with and cope with difficult situations.

At the end of the story, James provides an explanation for all the moments in the story that connect. This is optional reading but I found it quite useful as I felt it enhanced the story and the meaning behind it.

I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good, short, scary story that has more to it than first appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment